Earlier this month I had the privilege of being an assistant in one of Chef AJ's classes. I previously mentioned Chef AJ when I posted the It's Easy Being Green Smoothie recipe in November. Chef AJ has kindly allowed me to share my favorite recipe from her class with you all. A student in her class mentioned making this every morning and losing weight as a result because she found herself not craving unhealthy foods as much.
I love how this incorporates kale, a vegetable that I always mean to eat more of.
- 1 bunch kale (about 8 ounces)
- 1 large cucumber
- 2 apples
- Juice of 1 lime
- Orange juice (optional; to taste)
- Place kale, cucumber, and apples in juicer.
- Add juice of one lime by hand to concoction. If prefer drink to be sweeter add about 1 to 2 inches of orange juice.
- Enjoy immediately.
- Apples are high in Vitamin C and pectin, a soluble fiber that can lower cholesterol levels as well as improve the intestinal muscle’s ability to push waste through the gastrointestinal tract and promote bowel regularity.
- Cucumber is an excellent source of silica, a trace mineral that contributes to the strength of our connective tissue.
Here is some information on Chef AJ's upcoming classes in West LA at Chefs, Inc:
click here for Chef AJ's Easy Being Green Smoothie recipe
click here for Chef AJ's website