I am still on vacation for the week but here is a post I had written before I left.
I created these granola bars in preparation for our trip this past Saturday and thought I would share it with you. They are so easy to make and I think they taste pretty good.
- 3 cups Trader Joe's Pecan Praline Granola
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1 14 ounce can condensed milk (can use nonfat)
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix ingredients together in bowl.
- Place into a baking dish (I used a 14 by 91/2 Pyrex baking dish).
- Place in oven for 20 minutes (until edges turn brown).
- Take out and immediately cut into size that you want with pizza cutter.
- Let cool for 15 minutes and separate bars completely with spatula.
- If you want more solid bars, cover and place in refrigerator to harden for at least an hour or overnight.
IMPORTANT: Do not make the same mistake that I did. I skipped step 6 and only did steps 5 and 7 (overnight). As a result, it was very hard to separate the pieces the next day. Step 6 is crucial.