I came across this recipe in a March 2007 issue of Redbook magazine. It is the Culinary Institute of America's "Guilt-Free Caesar Dressing." It was created to be a less fattening alternative, and subsitutes soft tofu for eggs. Eggless and less fattening works for me! The dressing tastes awesome.
2 ounces Parmesan cheese, cubed (can also Trader Joe's Shredded Parmesan - it has microbial rennet)
2 to 3 garlic cloves
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard (I just use regular mustard and it tastes great)
1 and 1/2 tsp white-wine vinegar
1 and 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce (make sure you get some without anchovies)
salt and pepper (to taste)
1 cup silken tofu
3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Place cheese in blender and pulse or chop until it settles uniformly into the bottom of the container.
- Add garlic and continue to blend until minced.
- Add mustard, white-wine vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and tofu, and process until thoroughly combined.
- While the blender is running, drizzle in olive oil and process until smooth. Add water if necessary to achieve the desired consistency.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.