There are things about LA that make me dislike it (like traffic), but then things like food theme nights at restaurants make me like it. So far I have learned that every Sunday nights it is Burger Night at Grace, Mozzarella Monday's at Jar, Doughnut Shoppe at Grace on Wednesdays, and Grilled Cheese Night at Campanile.
I have written to each restaurant to see what they serve on those nights that is vegetarian and eggless. The sous chef for Campanile was the first to email back. I am excited to know that I can partake in their theme night.
For Grilled Cheese Night:
- There is one cheese without animal rennet – the white grafton cheddar
- The following breads are eggless: country white and wheat, and rye
- You order the items above as a variation to the Classic Grilled Cheese Sandwich which normally has country white (no eggs), guyere (animal rennet), and butter
- You can add whole grain mustard and/or onions to the Classic Grilled Cheese for a $1
- They can also add long cooked green, asparagus, pesto, mushrooms or other vegetables they have in house (eg, "if not too busy, grilled asparagus, caramelized onions and pesto")
- The sous chef mentioned they can make "other ones with no cheese as well."
- Fava beans with parsley pesto
- Fried polenta
- Trenne pasta (also vegan)
- Large veggie plate
click here for Campanile's website