The office manager for Damon & Pythias provided the following information for the Westwood location:
May we suggest the following & to order with only the Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing:
The Vegetarian House Specialty Dinner
- Prepared with Roasted Tomato and Fresh Mozzarella Stacks, Grilled Asparagus, and a Baked Potato (you may request with olive oil and chives for topping).
- Prepared with Porabella Mushrooms with Roasted Tomatoes, Fresh Mozzarella Cheeze, Balsamic Vinaigrette, Fresh Basil and Mixed Baby Greens on Grilled Foccacia Bread.
- Prepared with Grilled Marinated Zucchini, Squash, Eggplant and Portabella Mushrooms, Roasted Red Peppers, Sprouts, Cucumbers, Mixed Baby Greens, Honey-Spice Mustard (made with fat-free yogurt) on Grilled Foccacia Bread.
- All the dressings, marinades, and mayonnaise contain egg or egg products. Your order will need to be ordered custom for all vegetables to be grilled without the marinade and perhaps with only olive oil. The Manager, Mike Grace, said it is not uncommon for customers to request vegetables not marinated and dry grilled and have olive oil with salt & pepper for flavoring. You can request any of the above sandwiches to be prepared in this manner. Request the the California Garden sandwich without aioli (contains mayonnaise).
- The focaccia bread in the sandwiches is the rosemary loaf from La Brea, so it does not contain eggs or dairy products.
- The Vegetable soup is made with turkey stock.
- The Tuscan Bread Soup appears to be vegetarian, but I am not been able to confirm for sure if the parmesan cheese garnish does not contain animal enzymes, so for the safest answer, I suggest you order the Tuscan Bread Soup without the garnishes.