Special thanks to Chef Jason Wyrick for this excellent recipe. We will be featuring more articles and recipes from him soon. In the meantime, you can click on the link below to read more about him.
His recipe below is vegan, but you can use regular creamer and margarine/butter if you eat dairy as a lacto-vegetarian:
Time to Prepare: 20 minutes (not counting time for bread)
4 slices of bread
1 cup of soy creamer
1 tablespoon maple syrup
2 teaspoons EnerG Egg Replacer**
¼ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon of vegan margarine to sauté the French toast
Options: Sprinkle each slice with ½ teaspoon cinnamon, 1 teaspoon powdered sugar, and 2 teaspoon melted margarine. You can also add more syrup if you like.
- Slice the bread.
- Leave the bread out overnight or toast the bread for ten minutes at 300 degrees.
- Whisk the soy creamer, syrup, salt, and Egg Replacer together in a wide metal bowl.
- Soak each side of the bread in the mixture.
- Cook one side of the French toast on a medium heat with the margarine until it is golden.
- Flip it over and cook the other side until it is golden.
- Options: Sprinkle with the cinnamon and then the powdered sugar on the top.
- Drizzle the melted margarine on top.
- Pour the extra syrup on top.
click here for more on Chef Wyrick