I was recently told that certain restaurants may put eggs in their guacamole. This is not the case for Baja Bud's Del Norte, a southern California chain.
Their email response:
- "Beans: beans, water onions, salt and nothing else
- Rice: rice, onions, vegetarian soup base, a Mexican spice called Achiote (made mostly from annatto seed and purely vegetarian)
- Corn Tortillas: from Masa (corn, water, lime) hand made
- White Flour Tortilla: typical commercial bakery product but only vegetable oil, no margarine
- Whole Wheat Tortilla: as above but does contain margarine
- Salsa Cruda: tomatoes, onions, cilantro, salt, pepper, garlic powder (spicy contains Serrano chiles)
- Tomatillo Salsa: tomatillos, onions, salt, pepper, garlic powder
- Salsa Roja: about twenty items including vegetarian soup base but no meat, fish or egg
In addition, they do not use lard, their cheese is made with "microbial/GMO-free rennet", and as mentioned above their guacamole is eggless.
Click below for other posts on restaurants which serve Mexican food: