I love Canada, and the fact that they offer a soy-based, mock-chicken Classic Vegetarian Sandwich at various KFCs makes me love the country even more. When I was visiting Toronto, the little food stands on the streets offered tofu dogs alongside their famous hot dogs. It was so great. I also had some very excellent vegetarian food in the city's restaurants.
Click here to read the article that I read about the soy chicken sandwiches. Apparently, you can exchange wedding vows at KFCs in Canada too.
Do you have any cities or countries that you have had experience with as being vegetarian-friendly?
In terms of our US options at KFC, the following items appear to be without eggs, meat, or fish based on the ingredient list on their website. Details on rennet source for cheese, natural flaovrs, etc are not provided. But is nice to see there are some desserts and salad dressings free of eggs, gelatin, anchovies, etc:
- Caesar Salad w/o Dressing & Croutons
- House Salad w/o Dressing
- Hidden Valley The Original Fat Free Ranch Dressing (The regular ranch has egg yolks)
- Hidden Valley Golden Italian Light Dressing
- KFC Parmesan Garlic Croutons Pouch
- Potato Wedges
- Corn on the Cob
- BBQ Baked Beans
- Baked! Cheetos
- Apple Pie Mini’s
- Lil’ Bucket Lemon Crème
- Lil’ Bucket Chocolate Crème
- Mac n Cheese has egg whites
- Gravy and rice has gelatin
click here for Kentucky Fried Chicken's ingredient information